Table of Contents
- 10. Toshiba Canvio Connect II 1TB Portable Hard Drive, Red (HDTC810XR3A1)
- 9. Silicon Power 1TB Rugged Portable External Hard Drive Armor A30, Shockproof USB 3.0 for PC, Mac, Xbox and PS4, Black
- 8. Toshiba Canvio Basics 1TB Portable Hard Drive – Black (HDTB310XK3AA)
- 7. WD 4TB Black My Passport Portable External Hard Drive – USB 3.0 – WDBYFT0040BBK-WESN
- 6. WD 4TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive – USB 3.0 – WDBU6Y0040BBK-WESN
- 5. Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0, Silver + 2mo Adobe CC Photography
- 4. Seagate Expansion 3TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEB3000100)
- 3. Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEA1000400)
- 2. Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB External Desktop Hard Drive Storage + 2mo Adobe CC Photography
- 1. WD 2TB Blue-Black My Passport Ultra Metal Edition Portable External Hard Drive – USB 3.0 – WDBEZW0020BBA-NESN
External hard drives are portable hard drives which are stored in a casing. They are storage devices which are connected to a computer or any electronic device which has a USB port. Using an external hard drive for DJing has a lot of benefits which include; you can move around with your Music files, you can share large Files and also serve as a storage for those files you do not want to lose.
This review of the Top 10 Best External Hard Drives for DJing will highlight the best practices and hard drives which are most suitable for a DJ. As earlier said the overall advantages of an External hard drive is for easy navigation and organizing of Files.
10. Toshiba Canvio Connect II 1TB Portable Hard Drive, Red (HDTC810XR3A1)
This portable external hard drive has a 3TB storage capacity and a high speed 3.0 USB interface. Toshiba Canvio comes with a local and cloud backup which gives you the ability to access your files on your PC and mac. Additionally, it does not only store your data on the cloud, it also secures your external hard drive with password protection. Moreover, Toshiba Canvio has an NTFS driver installed for Both Mac and PC without having to reformat it.
9. Silicon Power 1TB Rugged Portable External Hard Drive Armor A30, Shockproof USB 3.0 for PC, Mac, Xbox and PS4, Black
For DJing purposes, the Silicon Power is a good fit because of its unique features. It has a 1TB storage capacity and its body is designed with a Rugged Armor. Additaionally, this External hard drive has an ultra-speed 3.0 USB Interface which is most suitable for DJs. Furthermore, Silicon power External hard drive is built in compliance with US military test standard, therefore, making the external drive to be able to withstand shocks and crushes.
8. Toshiba Canvio Basics 1TB Portable Hard Drive – Black (HDTB310XK3AA)
For a faster transfer rate, Toshiba Canvio Basic is a good choice for DJing. This external hard drive has a storage capacity of 1TB and a speed of 5400 RPM. Additionally, it uses a plug and plays operation which is possible by the USB 3.0 interface. Furthermore, the Toshiba Canvio Basics external hard drive does not require an installation software, it is very suitable to store large music and video files and you do not have to worry about storage space. Moreover, its unique design is smudge resistant and it is also designed with an internal shock sensor and ramp loading technology which protects the drive.
7. WD 4TB Black My Passport Portable External Hard Drive – USB 3.0 – WDBYFT0040BBK-WESN
This is the most suitable hard drive for music lovers with a massive storage space for music and video files. The WD my passport has a 4TB storage capacity with a 3.0 USB interface. Likewise, it requires its software to be installed from the drive when connected for the first time and also requires reformatting for a MAC OS. Moreover, WD my passport external hard drive is password protected and easy to use with unique designs and different colors
6. WD 4TB Elements Portable External Hard Drive – USB 3.0 – WDBU6Y0040BBK-WESN
This simple and portable external hard drive has a big storage capacity of 4TB. WD element portable hard drive transfers files fast and is compatible with a 3.0 USB interface. Furthermore, this external hard drive is a plug and play drive for Windows pc. Moreover, with such high storage space, WD element portable hard drive is lightweight in design.
5. Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0, Silver + 2mo Adobe CC Photography
This external hard drive provides an easy back up plan for DJs. Its unique features make it compatible with MAC OS and PlayStation 4 all these can be achieved without reformatting the drive. Additionally, Seagate backup plus is USB powered with a 3.0 USB interface and it is designed to have a very slim and sleek appearance. Moreover, it includes NTFS for both Mac and windows, it is an easy way to transfer and protect your files. Its protective and metallic design is available in different colors.
4. Seagate Expansion 3TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEB3000100)
For a DJ’s ever growing music files, the Seagate Expansion desktop drive has a storage capacity of 3TB. This hard drive does not require a special installation setup. Additionally, it is a simple plug and play hard drive. Seagate expansion desktop external hard drive is designed with a 3.0 USB interface which is also compatible with a 2.0 USB port. Likewise, this easy to use external Hard drive has Fast file transfers. Furthermore, For Mac users Seagate expansion desktop external hard drive needs to be reformatted before it can be compatible with the Mac OS.
3. Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STEA1000400)
Seagate expansion external hard drive has a storage capacity of 1TB. It does not require an installation setup; windows automatically recognize the drive. For DJing purposes this hard drive has a high speed USB 3.0 and is also compatible with a USB 2.0 port. Additionally, this easy plug and play external hard drive is available in different protective metal finish. It is designed to be slim and is a unique way to store and share your digital life.
2. Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB External Desktop Hard Drive Storage + 2mo Adobe CC Photography
The Seagate Backup Plus Hub drive is an all in one data backup hub and recharging station. It has an intelligent USB hub that charge and manage all USB connected devices. Additionally, its Ultra speed USB 3.0 offers a plug and play functionality on your PC. For Mac user, the NTFS drive can be installed and you could use the drive on any OS. Furthermore, Seagate Backup Plus Hub External Desktop Hard Drive Storage has a Dashboard software, where you can backup all your documents and smartly manage all your files including the ones which have been uploaded to social media platforms such as Facebook and Flickr. Moreover, for mobile devices, the Seagate mobile backup app could be installed on an IOS or Android device, when this is done, your files will automatically sync from your device to your external drive or to the cloud. As well as, for DJing purpose, this hard drive is perfect. Likewise, a drive where you can Backup your files at the same time Connect your Smartphones or tablets to Recharge with a storage capacity of 8TB.
1. WD 2TB Blue-Black My Passport Ultra Metal Edition Portable External Hard Drive – USB 3.0 – WDBEZW0020BBA-NESN
WD Elements My passport offers a 2TB high capacity storage and USB 3.0 fast data transfers. It has a 256-bit hardware encryption and password protection and a WD SmartWare for cloud and local data backup. Additionally, WD is designed with a sleek, stylish aluminum design which is lightweight and small with a high quality material which protects the drive. For Mac users this external hard drive has to be reformatted.
It is advisable to always have an external hard drive especially for on the road DJ’s. Always backup your music files on both local backup and cloud backup. It a practice to use Laptops and mixers for Djing, but with the use of external Hard drives, backup songs can be available in case something goes wrong.
When it comes to which External hard drive to use, there are some options to consider, like the Brand type, the Size, the USB port, its compatibility with different OS (MAC and Windows) and its enclosure.