Table of Contents
- 8. Securifi Almond 2015: (3 Minute Setup) Long Range Touchscreen Wireless WiFi Router/Range Extender/Wireless Bridge/Access Point + Home Automation Hub + Works with Amazon Alexa
- 7. Lux Products TX9600TS Universal 7-Day Programmable Touch Screen Thermostat
- 6. Nest Learning Thermostat, 2nd Generation, Works with Alexa
- 5. ecobee3 Thermostat with Sensor, Wi-Fi, 2nd Generation, Works with Amazon Alexa
- 4. Nest (T3007ES) Learning Thermostat, Easy Temperature Control for Every Room in Your House, Stainless Steel (Third Generation), Works with Alexa
- 3. Honeywell RTH9580WF Smart Wi-Fi 7 Day Programmable Color Touch Thermostat, Works with Alexa
- 2. Emerson Thermostats Sensi Smart Thermostat, Wi-Fi, UP500W, Works With Alexa
- 1. Honeywell Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat (RTH6580WF), Requires C Wire, Works with Alexa
The wireless phase has now entered our homes with Google’s Home and Echo making us feel like Tony Stark with our own versions of Jarvis. Now we can install smart wireless thermostats in our home as well. The wireless thermostat or also known as the wifi thermostat, digital thermostat, or internet thermostat are a home automation device to regulate the temperature of your home or office.
We have the top 8 best wifi thermostats for you to look forward to in 2018 and help you make the best decision for your comfort level and wallet. The winner of 2016’s best wifi thermostats was Nest 3rd Generation, let us see who is going to beat it for next year.
8. Securifi Almond 2015: (3 Minute Setup) Long Range Touchscreen Wireless WiFi Router/Range Extender/Wireless Bridge/Access Point + Home Automation Hub + Works with Amazon Alexa
This is a Jarvis of another kind completely. With its touch screen and quick integration with Alexa smart home assistant. It can not only alert you when your doors or windows are open or closed it can also help with controlling your thermostat, locks and lights using free iOS and Play store applications. This isn’t the extent of the Securifi Almonds’ job it also works as a wireless router and amplifier of wifi signal for your home or office. This unit comes in your choice of black or white. You will need to add inexpensive sensors for the security features of this device.
7. Lux Products TX9600TS Universal 7-Day Programmable Touch Screen Thermostat
The TX9600TS isn’t really wifi but it is programmable for up to 7 days, universally compatible for all systems. This model has an energy usage monitor and air filter life timer. It also gives you temporary temperature override which is nice for people who live in climates where temperatures can change quite quickly.
6. Nest Learning Thermostat, 2nd Generation, Works with Alexa
The Nest works with Echo home assistant. The Nest is extremely energy efficient and even turns itself down when you are away from home. This is a learning thermostat; it remembers the temperatures you like and your schedule. You can install this device in around half an hour. You can control the Nest with your smartphone, laptop, or home assistant. It is compatible with about 95% of heating and cooling systems in homes today.
5. ecobee3 Thermostat with Sensor, Wi-Fi, 2nd Generation, Works with Amazon Alexa
The Ecobee3 is wifi and again is another device that works with Echo. The Ecobee 3 learns your home’s energy profile and with weather data and other information helps make you space as comfortable as possible. Helps you save on your energy bills by learning your schedule as well.
4. Nest (T3007ES) Learning Thermostat, Easy Temperature Control for Every Room in Your House, Stainless Steel (Third Generation), Works with Alexa
This model was 2016’s top wifi thermostat and it finds itself on our list as well. Like it’s younger brother it is smart and learns when your home and away to help you save on your energy bills. This model features farsight. Farsight lights up and features the time, temperature or weather when you look at the device from across the room. The Nest has a cute feature to help make saving energy more fun with the Nest Leaf; it will show you a leaf on the display when you pick a temperature that saves energy.
3. Honeywell RTH9580WF Smart Wi-Fi 7 Day Programmable Color Touch Thermostat, Works with Alexa
The Honeywell will work with Echo or other smart home devices. You can customize the screen color to match your wall color. Simple to set up and maintain with your iOS and Android devices. You will need a C-wire installed to help with energy saving programming. Password locking options.
2. Emerson Thermostats Sensi Smart Thermostat, Wi-Fi, UP500W, Works With Alexa
The Sensi does not require a C-wire. Works with smart home assistants through Android and iOS applications. You can connect Sensi to your home or office wifi network and control it from anywhere. Installation can take as little as 15 minutes. There is also an optional 7-day scheduling choice to help while you are away.
1. Honeywell Wi-Fi 7-Day Programmable Thermostat (RTH6580WF), Requires C Wire, Works with Alexa
Unlike the Honeywell Smart Thermostat this device is only wifi for remote access. It does offer to program for 7 days to help save energy. Easy-to-read, backlit display helps you set up the device. Not as easy to install as some other models. This device could go back to school but if you want a simple device that can be controlled while you are away this is a good option.
These 8 wifi thermostats offer are a wide range of levels of smart devices. The basic being the Honeywell RTH6580WF up to the big brother Securifi Almond home assistant and router. The best by option for many will be the Nest either 2nd or 3rd generation with its easy of use and installation. If you want to dip your toe in the pond of smart wifi home help devices the Sensi Smart might be the right choice for you. For the tech adventures, the Securifi Almond is definitely a journey in tech discovery.
We hope that our reviews will help you make the best choices when it comes to heating and cooling your homes more efficiently this next year. May your energy bills go down and your tech savvy goes up.