Table of Contents
- 10. TOAKS Titanium Backpacking Wood Burning Stove
- 9. BioLite CampStove 1- Wood-Burning Small Lightweight Stove with Internal Fire Starter, Generates Electricity for USB Charging Using Excess Heat, 1st Generation, 5 x 5 x 8.3 Inches, Silver (CSA)
- 8. SOLEADER Portable Wood Burning Camp Stoves Compact Gasifier Wood Stove For Camping, Hiking, Backpacking The 3rd Generation
- 7. Solo Stove & Pot 900 Combo: Ultralight Wood Burning Backpacking Cook System. Lightweight Kitchen Kit for Backpacking, Camping, Survival. Burns Twigs, No Batteries or Liquid Fuel Gas Canister Required
- 6. CANWAY Wood Burning Stove Stainless Steel Portable Camping Stove
- 5. Überleben Stöker Flatpack Wood Burning Stove | Compact & Collapsible | Emergency Survival, Bushcraft, Backpacking | Burns Twigs – No Batteries or Fuel Canisters
- 4. WoodFlame Ultra Lightweight Portable Wood Burning Camping Stove, Backpacking Stove, Stainless Steel with Nylon Carry Case – Perfect for Survival Packs & Emergency Preparedness by kampMATE
- 3. Unigear Foldable Stainless Steel Wood Burning Backpacking Camping Stove
- 2. Solo Stove Lite – Compact Wood Burning Backpacking Stove
- 1. Ohuhu174; Camping Stove/ Backpacking Stove – Potable Stainless Steel Wood Burning Stove Picnic BBQ Camping
Waking up on an early morning during an outdoor camping activity without something warm to drink, can make the day dull. While you can choose to light up a fire to make a cup of coffee, remember that not all settings allow you to use fire. Whats more is that this is not the best way to go considering that you can fail to put off the fire completely thereby resulting in fire accidents. Even worse, an open fire is quite inconvenient in bad weather such as when it is windy or raining.
To avoid all the inconveniences that arise due to open fire, several manufacturers have come up to create wood-burning backpacking stoves. These are convenient to use for many reasons. They are user-friendly, they don’t emit a lot of smoke, they are portable, they are easy to maintain, among other reasons. As such, it is essential that you get one of these when going out on camping, hiking, or other activities that will require you to use the help of fire.
That being said, you will want to get nothing buy the best wood burning backpacking stove. To help you get one of these easily, here is a review of the top 10 best wood burning backpacking stoves in the 2017 reviews. Have a look since you might be lucky to find the perfect stove to bring about the best camping trip.
10. TOAKS Titanium Backpacking Wood Burning Stove
This unit measures 4.1 x 4.4 x 4.4 inches. It features a titanium construction that makes it highly durable, and as such a great material to use for fire lighting. It supports a multi-phase combustion so that it results in a cleaner and a complete burning. Whats more is that it features a 3-piece design that helps minimize the package size. The products come with an orange nylon sack that holds the Toaks 1100ml pots and a 1600ml pot.
9. BioLite CampStove 1- Wood-Burning Small Lightweight Stove with Internal Fire Starter, Generates Electricity for USB Charging Using Excess Heat, 1st Generation, 5 x 5 x 8.3 Inches, Silver (CSA)
This unit not only allows you to cook but also lets you charge your mobile devices as well. It can power USB compatible devices when cooking at the same time. Thanks to the Biolites patented thermoelectric technology that enables it to turn heat into electricity. As such, it makes a perfect company for outdoor activities such as camping. The wood burning backpacking stove only measures 5 x 5 x 8.3 inches while it weighs 2.1 pounds. This further enhances its reliability since it allows you to take it anywhere. The stove does not require any fuel to make it light. It comes with an internal battery that helps kick-start the wood fire. This assures you of conserving the environment since you do not pollute it with petroleum gas. Another plus of the stove is that it is easy to use, quick to light and also fast to boil. It only takes 4.5 minutes for it to boil a liter of water.
8. SOLEADER Portable Wood Burning Camp Stoves Compact Gasifier Wood Stove For Camping, Hiking, Backpacking The 3rd Generation
This is one of the perfect stoves to buy when looking for a wood burning backpacking stove for outdoor activities. It is compact and lightweight, at a product dimension of 5.5 x 5.5 x 3.2 inches and 1.1 pounds weights. As such, it enables you to transfer it from one place to another without getting fatigued. Whats more is that it features a sturdy, high-quality stainless steel construction. This allows it to withstand high temperatures, while it doesn’t rust or corrode making it suitable for use in an outdoor or humid setting. The unit is environmentally friendly considering that it does not use fuel, and as such enables it to reduce the carbon print. Even better, it features a double-wall construction that creates an ultra-clean gasification. This is due to the featured holes at the bottom that draw cool air in so that it mixes with gas to allow the fuel to burn. With it, you only require twigs, pinecones, leaves, or wood, thereby allowing you to leave chemical emissions behind. It features an open mouth design so that you will never have to keep lifting the cooking pot to add fuel. Whats more is that it comes with four flexible non-slip double layered arms that add to its stability making it safe for you to use.
7. Solo Stove & Pot 900 Combo: Ultralight Wood Burning Backpacking Cook System. Lightweight Kitchen Kit for Backpacking, Camping, Survival. Burns Twigs, No Batteries or Liquid Fuel Gas Canister Required
With a compact and lightweight design, this stove is suitable for use in any space. It measures 6.2 x 6 x 5.1 inches with a 1.4 pounds weights. As such, it allows you to store it easily, at the same time relocate it effortlessly. What’s more is that it boils 34 fl oz water in 8-10 minutes. Hence, you can be sure to save much time and fuel while using it. The stove features a stainless steel construction with a nichrome wire that makes it durable. Additionally, it has a patented design where it features a unique double wall. This enables it to burn the fuel completely resulting in less smoke, and as such low carbon emissions. Even better, it does not require liquid canister fuel or white gas, which assures you that it will not emit harmful gas when burning.
6. CANWAY Wood Burning Stove Stainless Steel Portable Camping Stove
Featuring a stainless steel construction, this is a durable and highly stable wood burning backpacking stove. It features a 3-arms support base that enhances stability. Hence, you can stay assured that it will not trip when cooking. The stove distributes heat evenly to allow you to cook efficiently. Whats more is that it does not require fuel canisters when burning, while it does not emit chemicals. It only needs you to get leaves, branches, or wood, for you to start a fire anywhere. The stove is easy to install and store having in mind that it measures 7.08 x 5.11 x 5.11 inches while it weighs 1.28 pounds. Additionally, it has a high thermal efficiency with an ability to burn for up to 20 minutes with wood chips and dry firewood. It comes with a storage bag and a manual making it highly convenient.
5. Überleben Stöker Flatpack Wood Burning Stove | Compact & Collapsible | Emergency Survival, Bushcraft, Backpacking | Burns Twigs – No Batteries or Fuel Canisters
This is a built-to-last stove that features a 100% top quality stainless steel construction. This assures you that it will not rust or corrode making it perfect for use in an outdoor setting. It produces safe and consistent fire since it features a stoker body build to hold fire even in windy environments. Whats more is that it is highly portable. The reason behind this is that it is lightweight at only 14.4 ounces. Even better, it is collapsible to allow you to dismantle it for easy carrying. Additionally, it comes with a carrying bag from where you can put it, for a convenient storage and carry. The stove features a large mouth fuel door that is more than 2.5″ wide. This makes continuous loading of fuel a lot easier since it does not require you to remove the cooking pot. Whats more is that it features a high ventilation floor. With this, you can be sure to burn your fuel completely due to an increased oxygen flow. This stove is entirely fueled by organic matter including twigs, wood, pine needles, among others making it environmentally friendly.
4. WoodFlame Ultra Lightweight Portable Wood Burning Camping Stove, Backpacking Stove, Stainless Steel with Nylon Carry Case – Perfect for Survival Packs & Emergency Preparedness by kampMATE
With a product dimension of 7.5 x 0.25 x 6 inches and a 1-pound weight, this stove is highly portable allowing you to carry it along for all outdoor activities. Whats more is that it is collapsible and fold flats allowing you to store and move it easily. Even better, it includes a carrying bag that makes this task highly convenient. The stove is large, making it easy to use for cooking. It has a great air ventilation feature that makes it highly efficient to enable it to burn all fuel with ease. It allows you to use wood, cedar pucks, charcoal, and any other kind of biomass when cooking. As such, it does not lead to environmental pollution making it safe to use. It is constructed of stainless steel to assure you of durability.
3. Unigear Foldable Stainless Steel Wood Burning Backpacking Camping Stove
As one of the best wood burning backpacking stoves in our review, this is an ultracompact stove that will allow you to take it anywhere. It measures 7.1 x 6.3 x 0.8 inches while it weighs 1.5 pounds. Whats more is that it features a foldable design. Hence, you can fold it like a book and put it in its carrying bag to allow you to shift it easily. The stove is simple to assemble and disassemble making it highly efficient. Additionally, it is durable since it features a high-quality stainless steel construction to make it suitable for any outdoor activity. It uses twigs, pinecones, leaves, wood, making it environmentally friendly.
2. Solo Stove Lite – Compact Wood Burning Backpacking Stove
This is one of the best wood burning backpacking stoves to get for a less smoke profile. It features a unique double wall that enables it to create an ultra-clean gasification and a secondary combustion thereby enabling fuel to burn completely. The stove does not use liquid canister fuel or white gas, thus assuring you of making a lot of savings. With it, you only need to get some wood, twigs, pinecones, or leaves and be sure to boil 24 fl oz water in 8-10 minutes. Another feature that makes this unit worth it is the fact that it is lightweight and compact. It only measures 3.8 x 3.8 x 4.2 inches while it weighs 9 pounds, and as such easy to carry. It is durable considering that it features a stainless steel construction.
1. Ohuhu174; Camping Stove/ Backpacking Stove – Potable Stainless Steel Wood Burning Stove Picnic BBQ Camping
Featuring a sturdy stainless steel construction, you can rest assured to make the best value for money by getting this unit. It is built to last and to withstand the high heat that comes along its way. Whats more is that it is highly stable and safe to use. The reason behind this is the features 3-arm base support system that makes it stable even in windy conditions. More to that, you can be sure to shift it from one place to another with a lot of ease. Thanks to its collapsible and lightweight design, as well as the included carry bag. With this stove, you will never have to worry about polluting the environment since it uses leaves, dry twigs, wood, pinecones, and other environmentally friendly fuels.
The stoves reviewed above are suitable to provide you with the best camping experience. Most of them use energy that is environmentally friendly, they are easy to use, while they are also portable to allow you to move them easily. So, be sure to consider them when purchasing the best wood burning backpacking stove and rest assured to have invested your money in the right cooking device.